Before you email me, I have a few requests. This page isn’t intended to deter anyone from emailing me, but rather to save both of us some time.
- I prefer plain text emails. Please do not send me HTML emails.
- Please don’t send me an email attachment in a proprietary file format, for example
.pptx. Acceptable attachment formats include plain text, Markdown, HTML, PDF, PostScript and image formats such as PNG or SVG.
- Please don’t send me large attachments. If you need to send large files then please use an online pastebin or file storage service such as Dropbox.
- Write to me on one email address only. I have several different email addresses that I use for different purposes but I don’t want multiple copies of the same message.
- If I send you an email from one address please rely to that same address.
- Please protect my privacy, as well as yours. Don’t give my email address to an invitation service without first asking me. If you want to share a URL or link, send it yourself instead of clicking the “email” button on the web site.
- No matter how good the cause, do not add me to any kind of mailing list without checking with me first.
- I live in the UK which follows daylight saving time. We use UTC+1 during the summer (from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October) and switch to UTC+0 during the winter. Please factor this in when awaiting replies to correspondence.